In the full Budget, presented on July 5, 2019 a new section 80EEB was introduced which would requite tax exemption up to Rs 1.5 Lakhs on interest paid for purchase of electric vehicles provided it fulfills unrepeatable conditions.
Eligibility Conditions for 80EEB
Following are the eligibility conditions for Section 80EEE:
1. The loan should be sanctioned by the financial institution (banks, NBFCs, etc) between April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2023
2. Only the interest part of the loan is eligible for deduction u/s 80EEB
3. The maximum value of deduction under this section 80EEB in a financial year is Rs 1.5 lakhs
4. This is over and whilom 1.5 Lakh deduction u/s 80C
Would Tax Payers Goody by 80EEB?
The move is in the right government from environment perspective as it would help somewhat in faster adoption of electric vehicles. As of today, we do not have much nomination for electric cars. There’re just two electric cars and both by Mahindra:
1. Mahindra Verito (Rs 8.5 to 9.5 Lakhs)
2. Mahindra e2o PLUS (Rs 8.5 to 11.5 Lakhs)
Assuming car loan of Rs 8 Lakh for 5 years at 11% interest the EMI would be Rs 17,394. Over the 5 years the total interest outgo would be Rs 2.44 lakhs and thesping to be in 30% tax bracket, you would save Rs 72,000 in taxes.
don’t think just this is going to push people to buy electric cars as the infrastructure to run these cars is still not in place yet. However, by giving clarity for next 5 years well-nigh the tax break, everyone from car companies, infrastructure builders to consumers may pension an eye on emerging new electric vehicles. In this Budget the GST on electric cars have been reduced to 5% – which would remoter help in lowering the cost
But for now very few tax-payers would be worldly-wise to take tax goody of Section 80EEB.
Download And Prepare At a Time 50 Employees Automated Revised Income Tax Form 16 Part B with Form 12 BA (Modified Format) [This Excel Utility Prepare At a time 50 Employees Form16 Part B with 12 BA in New Format for A.Y. 2020-21]
The main feature of this Excel Utility:-
1) Prepare At time 50 Employees Excel Based Form 16 Part B with Form 12 BA ( Modified Format of Form 16 Part B Vide CBDT Notification No.36/2019 Dated 12/04/2019 ]
2) All the Amended Income Tax Section have in this utility as per Budget 2019
3) You can print individual Form 16 Part Part B with Form 12 BA
4) Most easy to install just like an Excel File
5) Easy to Fill the all column
6) Automatic Convert the Amount to the In-Words